- Join / Support
- Log In
- Room Hire
- Members' Area
- Virtual BRLSI
- Local Studies
Visiting the reopened BRLSI – COVID-19 safety measures
The BRLSI Management Committee, together with staff and volunteers, have been preparing for many weeks for the safe reopening of the Institution on 1 September, in accordance with UK Government guidance.
• The Jenyns room will reopen on 1st September with the Autumn BRLSI Exhibition, ‘Take Five’, reflecting the wonderful diversity of the BRLSI collections.
• Room Hire will also reopen on 1st September, with new Booking Guidelines to take into account COVID-19 regulations and guidance from the UK Government.
• BRLSI talks and events have successfully transferred onto the Virtual BRLSI online platform (livestreamed or available as videos). These will remain as virtual events at least until the end of 2020 (see ‘What’s On’ on the BRLSI website for full details).
Measures that have been put in place to support the safety of BRLSI members, visitors, staff and volunteers include:
• Increased cleaning of BRLSI premises, with special attention to cleaning of high-contact areas such as door handles, banister rails and table/desk tops
• Floor signage to assist social distancing and visitor flow through the rooms
• Hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the building
• Staff and volunteers will wear face coverings when meeting visitors
• Increased ventilation
• Staff and volunteer training in ‘COVID-secure’ procedures
• Collection of visitor contact details for NHS Test and Trace (these will be retained for 21 days only)
We ask all visitors to assist BRLSI in keeping themselves and others safe:
• Please do not visit if you’re feeling unwell
• Wear a face covering inside the building
• Sanitise your hands on arrival
• Maintain a safe distance from others
• Refrain from touching display cases and other surfaces
• If you need to sneeze or cough, please do so into a tissue or your elbow
• Any payments or donations to BRLSI will be contactless
• Please note that there are no toilet facilities for exhibition visitors
BRLSI is very pleased to welcome back its members, friends and visitors from 1 September