- Join / Support
- Log In
- Room Hire
- Members' Area
- Virtual BRLSI
- Local Studies
- Trails App Landing Page
The Board comprises the Elected Directors, Nominated Directors, Secretary and, when in place, the Honorary Treasurer. The Board holds ordinary meetings at least four times a year, with additional special meetings as required.
There are between of thirteen and fifteen Directors consisting of:
- two from the University of Bath
- one from Bath Spa University
- one from the West of England Geologists Association
- one from Bath and North East Somerset Council or by such other local government authority as shall take its place
- up to two further Directors from institutions within the Bath area chosen by the Directors
- eight Directors selected by the Members at the AGM
The Directors are responsible for the protection and prudent administration of the charity's property and of all matters relating to the charity. They must always bear in mind the interests and effectiveness of the charity and ensure that its property is applied for the purposes set out in the governing instrument and that it has appropriate and adequate insurance cover.
The Management Committee has delegated responsibility from the Board for oversight of all the daily affairs of the Institution, and comprises the Chair and Vice Chair of the MC plus the Chairs of the sub-committees of the MC. All sub-Committees report to, and are overseen by, the Management Committee. All Chairs of sub-Committees must be Members of the Institution.